How to prepare for an autumn trip to Kamchatka
Before we go we have to consider some things:
- Suitable clothing
- Photographic equipment
- You have to adapt to the conditions and give up some comforts
- Take the medicines we always use
- Can not miss some supplies from Italy
The weather in September in Kamchatka is autumn. It can be hot +20C early days, but it can also be very cold especially in the night hours (up to 0 C). This must be taken into account when preparing your luggage.
So you'll need them:
- Jacket and pants in Goretex (waterproof), shell.
- Light down jacket 100 grams and one more warmer (you can take a vest);
- Thermal underwear
- Sweater or sweatshirt, thermal T-shirts with long sleeves but also with short sleeves
- Hiking socks
- Wool cap, light gloves( better two pairs case never get lost), neck warmers.
- Goretex shoes, rubber ankle boots(it's good short for when we walk through the wet tundra).
- Home clothes, slippers (for hotel)
- Small mask with a replaceable cartridge for protection from the effects of hydrogen sulfide (optional, it is needed only in the area of fumaroles in the crater of the Mutnovsky volcano). In the area of solfatara we will only spend 15 min and then we will move on.
- Personal hygiene items and medicines you need
- Sunscreen and moisturizing cream
- Front flashlight
- Thermos (not necessary)
- Sack sheets
- Trekking poles
- Small hair dryer (if you think you will need it)
- Two microfiber towels
- Microfiber bathrobe
Sleeping bag and carpet provide us on site.
Luggage must be absolutely soft!
Here are some links: